This past month I've been running around New York City interning for Marie Claire Magazine and it's been an insane experience. The long unpredictable hours are definitely tiring but I've finally gotten then hang of things. Here are a few of my internship must-haves that are helping me throughout my internship and could help you get through yours!
Read more for details
1) Lipstick: Give your outfit a pop of color with a bright lip! Not only will it effortlessly revamp a simple look, but it will keep your lips hydrated all day long. My go-to color is Crush, find yours on Sephora.com
2) Compact: Believe it or not, blush can actually make you look wide awake! Dust some color on the apples of your cheeks to fool everyone into thinking you got a full 8hr beauty sleep. I use the Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initial. Find your perfect shade on chanel.com
3) Watch: In the real world, time is money. Don't waste a second of it by staying on time for every meeting and deadline. This watch is the Michael Kors Blair Gold-Tone Chronograph Watch. Find this golden essential on michaelkors.com
4) Shoes: There's nothing more painful than running around in heels all day. Give your feet a break with some comfortably stylish flats. These silver slippers are unfortunately sold out at Topshop, but I found a similar pair on asos.com
5) Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the summer sun when you're going on runs throughout the city. I bought these round sunglasses from forever21.com
6) Agenda: Stay on top of all your assignments, deadlines, and meetings with a handy dandy agenda. Writing things down helps you remember things easier than simply typing it out on your phone. This Kate Spade agenda is a perfect size for any handbag and it even gives you an inspirational quote every month! Find this essential on katespade.com
7) Notebook: This is probably the most important essential. Many times during an internship (especially a fashion internship) people will assign you tasks throughout the day without repeating themselves. Make sure to write them down so you don't forget. I picked up this mini notebook at H&M but you can find similar notebooks on papersource.com
I hope these essentials will help you get through your fabulous summer internship! Let me know what some of your internship essentials are and where you're interning in the comments below!
** I was not paid to endorse any of these products. These are my personal purchases and my own personal beliefs and opinions.